- 2016 winner of the Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce best urban local authority in service delivery and local governance- Manicaland Province.
- Geographical location which is attractive to investors.
- Favourable weather for farming and agricultural processing.
- Economic growth in the town hinges around mainly entrepreneurial activities.
- Trading town between Zimbabwe and Mozambique in the south-eastern border
- An urban population of about 28500 residents
Chipinge town geographical location
SERVICE DELIVERY PROGRAME
- Construction of flea market stalls to promote indigenization and entrepreneurship.
- Improvement and rehabilitation of local road networks.
- Provision of more water to residents through Kabanga- Gaza pipeline project.
- Provision of high, medium and low density residential stands.
- Promotion of stakeholders’ participation through public private partnerships.
- Installation of smart prepaid water meters.
- Improvement of street and traffic lighting.
- Timber and agricultural products processing.
- Retailing and wholesaling.
- Macadamia nuts
- Dairy products processing.
- Banana processing company.
- Tea and coffee production
Banana plantation Macadamia plantation Tea plantation
BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY AND PARTNERSHIP
- Development of housing units, particularly flats for Chipinge residents;
- Housing projects;
- Street lighting;
- Agro-processing industrial development (timber, tea, banana, coffee, macadamia, avocado pear, guava)
- Institutional development (eg schools, hospitality industry)
- Tourism conduit to Chimanimani and Chirinda Forest
- Well-structured NSSA shopping complex.
- Construction of a maternity ward at Gaza clinic and a polyclinic in Usanga.
- Construction of a recreational park.
- Completion of the Kabanga-Gaza pipeline