LOCAL GOVERNMENT INVESTMENT CONFERENCE (LOGIC) PROFILE FOR CHEGUTU MUNICIPALITY
- SUMMARY INFORMATION ABOUT CHEGUTU MUNICIPALITY
MUNICIPAL STATUS GRANTED IN : 1974
POPULATION ESTIMATE : 50 590
TRANSIT POPULATION : 30 000 per month
AREA (total surface area) : 3 104 hectares
ALTITUDE : 1180 meters above sea level
CLIMATE : Hot conditions in summer and
RAINFALL : Annual rainfall of 775mm
TARRED : 12,5 km
EARTH AND GRAVEL : 30 km
WORK FORCE OF MUNICIPALITY : 281 permanent and 20 casuals
LOW DENSITY : 2 500
MEDIUM DENSITY : 328
HIGH DENSITY : 10 400
NUMBER OF SCHOOLS: [PUBLIC AND PRIVATE]
SECONDARY : 8
PRIMARY : 9
UNIVERSITIES : 1
NUMBER OF HOSPITALS ` : 1
NUMBER OF CLINICS : 6
NUMBER OF PRIVATE MEDICAL FACILITIES : 6
WARDS : 12
COUNCILLORS : 12
- INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES
|Project Name||Description||Location And Land Aspects|
|Kaguvi Phase IV Low Cost Housing Project||Development of low cost housing stands as well as flats on unserviced flat land. being the remainder of the estate where Council has already allocated 1,000 stands to individuals and 700 to Zimplats Mine.||500 hectares of unserviced flat land, located 7 km North West of the Central Business District.|
|Rifle Range East Low Density Project||Development of high income housing stands and flats on unsurveyed/ unserviced land.||600 hectares of unsurveyed/ unserviced flat land, located 2km east of the CBD.|
|Risboro Farm Venture||Crop and livestock production||500 hectares of rich red soils suitable for crop and livestock production, located 6 km south of the CBD.|
|Water Infrastructure Rehabilitation||Upgrading the treatment capacity to 12 megalitres per day and upgrading water infrastructure to ensure constant supplies.||1 acre of land for construction of a new water treatment plant.|
|Establishment of industrial, commercial and institutional ventures||Construction of agro-processing industries, mineral processing industries, truck-inn facilities, shopping malls, road ports, schools and colleges.||Combined 40 hectares available throughout the Municipal area for industrial, commercial and institutional uses.|
3. REASONS TO INVEST IN CHEGUTU MUNICIPALITY
- Abundant raw water for industrial, commercial and agricultural use. Chegutu Municipality draws water from Clifton Dam, located 17km from the CBD. The storage capacity of the dam is 11 million cubic meters of clean water, which is enough to supply residents of Chegutu and surrounding farms, even if it does not rain for 3 years. The dam is reserved for use by the Municipality.
- Efforts are already on course to rehabilitate the water treatment plant so that there is also abundant treated water. Currently, Council supplies treated water for an average period of 4 hours per day, while Municipal boreholes complement reticulated water.
- Abundance of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled affordable labour force, constituting 60% of the employable population.
- Highly qualified, skilled, experienced and innovative Council employees capable and ready to provide Municipal services and technical expertise across all sectors of the economy.
- Rich agricultural soils and conducive climatic conditions for agricultural and livestock production ventures.
- High demand for residential, industrial, commercial and institutional accommodation due to thriving mining activities at Zimplats and Peakstone mines.
- APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR CONSIDERATION
- Application letter clearly indicating the investment area of interest.
- Project Proposal.
- Proof of funding.
- References, if any.
- Proof of registration as a company (CR 14)
- APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
The Town Clerk
P.O. Box 34