SUMMARY INFORMATION ABOUT KAROI TOWN COUNCIL
TOWN COUNCIL STATUS GRANTED IN : 1991
POPULATION ESTIMATE : 28606(2012 Census)
TRANSIT POPULATION : 350000
AREA (total surface area) : ± 7349.77ha
ALTITUDE : 1.275m (4 183ft)
CLIMATE : Wet season (Nov –April) warm, humid , cloudy and rainy.
May –July: Dry, cold, cloud August –October: Dry, sunny, hot.
RAINFALL (AVERAGE) : 804.1mm/annum
TARRED : 19KM
EARTH AND GRAVEL : 110KM
WORK FORCE OF MUNICIPALITY : 163 employees
HOUSING UNITS: 8092
LOW DENSITY : —–
MEDIUM DENSITY : —–
HIGH DENSITY : —–
NUMBER OF SCHOOLS: [PUBLIC AND PRIVATE]
SECONDARY : 7
PRIMARY : 6
VOCATIONAL : 0
NUMBER OF HOSPITALS ` : 1
NUMBER OF CLINICS : 1
NUMBER OF PRIVATE MEDICAL FACILITIES : 3
WARDS : 10
COUNCILLORS : 10
HOTELS : 2
MAJOR LANGUAGES : ENGLISH AND SHONA
Historically the occupation of commercial farms in the Karoi area between 1946 and 1952 led to the establishment of Karoi Town, initially as a service centre to act as a focal point for the distribution of farm inputs and as a collection centre for agricultural products. Responding to the demands from increasing agricultural activities in the surrounding area, Karoi grew steadily until after independence when it merited upgrading into town Council status. Karoi urban set-up was accorded a town status on 17 April 1991.
Karoi Town Council is a local authority situated in Mashonaland West Province, Central Northern Zimbabwe. It is located approximately 85km by road, North-West of Chinhoyi, the Provincial Capital. It lies 200km North West of Harare along the Harare-Chirundu Highway (A1).
- “An attractive municipality by 2018”
- Karoi Town Council exist to provide social and infrastructural development services, to our clients and stakeholders in an enabling environment”
1. AGRO PROCESSING
- Tobbaco processing
- Cooking oil manufacturing
- Peanut butter manufacturing
- Stock feeds processing
- Mealie meal processing
- Cotton grinning
- Meat processing
- Infrastructure development
- Construction at residential flats, office buildings, shopping malls
- Schools and colleges
- Servicing of stands
4. Tobacco Auction floors
- Hotels, Restaurants, Chalets, Lodges
- Solar Energy Generation
- Agrochemicals and fertilizer manufacturing
- Manufacturing of graphite products
- Retailing and wholesaling
- Camping sites and play centers
REASONS TO INVEST IN KAROI TOWN
- Readily available land at affordable rates
- Low assessment rates and licensing charges
- Flexible payment plans with Council
- Sound Road Network
- Telecommunication (telephones, internet connectivity)
- Availability of power supply
- Good climatic conditions
- Hardworking ,educated and entrepreneurial community
- Adequate water supply
- Strategically positioned on the highway linking Zimbabwe to Zambia and other Northern Countries (DRC , Malawi, Tanzania etc)
- Strategically positioned at the heart of a rich agricultural hinterland, a source of inputs (agricultural produce)
- Commercial hub for Hurungwe District (est. population 329 197) and Nyaminyami District ( est population 41369).
- Proximity to Lynx Graphite Mine, the source of graphite raw material.
- Proximity to Chikuti gold fields, the source of raw gold.
- Linked by tarred road the A1 Highway.
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR CONSIDERATION
1.When applying for land.
- Application letter
- Organizational profile
- Details of the project, expected land size and designs
- $5 Administration fee.
- When applying for a licence.
- Fire inspection report
- Buildings inspection report
- Town planning inspection report
- Public health inspection report
- Land purchase receipts
- Rates clearance certificate
- Newspaper advert calling for objections to licencing( new licences only)
- Application letter stating nature of business
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
THE TOWN SECRETARY
KAROI TOWN COUNCIL
PO BOX 225
WHATTSAPP NUMBER: +263771304695