KEY FACTS, GEOGRAPHIC AND DEMOGRAPHIC HIGHLIGHTS
Zimbabwe, strategically located in the heart of Southern Africa is home to the
Key Country Facts
Official Languages: English, Ndebele and Shona
Currency: Multi Currency System
Dialling Code: +263 (4)
Population (2012 est.): 2.5 mil
World Population Rank: 61
Population Growth Rate (2012): 1.1% per annum
Rank Population growth in Africa: 8
Literacy Rate: 96%
SUMMARY INFORMATION ABOUT
MUNICIPAL STATUS GRANTED IN : 1897
POPULATION ESTIMATE : 2 123 132 (2012 census)
TRANSIT POPULATION : 2 000 000
AREA (total surface area) : 961 square km
ALTITUDE : 1 490
CLIMATE : Natural region 2
RAINFALL : 750-1000 mm/yr
TARRED : 5 500 kilometres
WORK FORCE OF MUNICIPALITY : 9 000
LOW DENSITY : 111824
MEDIUM DENSITY :
HIGH DENSITY : 125423
NUMBER OF SCHOOLS:[PUBLIC AND PRIVATE]
SECONDARY : 76
PRIMARY : 77
VOCATIONAL : 11
NUMBER OF HOSPITALS ` : 4
NUMBER OF CLINICS : 41
NUMBER OF PRIVATE MEDICAL FACILITIES : +100
WARDS : 46
COUNCILLORS : 45
|Project Name||Description||Location And Land Aspects|
|Mixed Commercial Use development||1. Quarry
2. Housing (development of cluster homes ,apartments, low cost housing, on and offsite infrastructure)
3. Road rehabilitation and expansion
4. Water and sewer rehabilitation
5. Public Lighting
6. Harare resorts
7. Mass transport system
9. Waste to energy at Wastewater plants and Pomona dumpsite
10. Development of modern sports facility
|· Harare Quarry
· Eyerstone Farm, Low density suburbs, Golf Estates
· Existing Road network and new suburbs
· Distribution network, Firle and Crowborough waste water treatment plants
· New suburbs and roads
· Mabvazuva, Harava Dam
· Copacabana, market square, Charge office, Fourth Street
· Firle, Crowborough and Pomona
· Rufaro Stadium, Gwanzura, Dzivaresekwa, City Sports
1. REASONS TO INVEST IN HARARE
Harare is the economic hub of the country. It houses the executive, legislature and judiciary.
– Houses all diplomatic missions in the country, UN agencies, headquarters of banks and Zimbabwe stock exchange.
– Well connected by road, rail and air to regional and international markets.
– Modern ITC and associated infrastructure.
– Generally high literate rates making its residents ready employment market.
– receives good rainfall and has good soils making it one of the most productive in the country.
– Several industrial and commercial sites ready for occupation in the city.
The city recently adopted a new investment policy which offers various incentives to would be investors.
The city has made a raft of changes to its doing business procedures in line with modern trends of ease of doing business.
- APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR CONSIDERATION
- Building with approved plans 2. Male and female sanitary fitments 3. Approved means of lighting and ventilation 4. Approved wall and floor finish 5. Operating and storage space 6. Approved waste storage facilities
- Government and government agencies registration
- APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO: